aldorexbraam

Abacus stability & recovery configuration

Discussion created by aldorexbraam on Nov 12, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 by Beth McNeill

Hi, I am working on an Abacus implementation at once of our customers and we are experiencing some stability issues with abacus...

Sometimes the PI Analysis Service just stops working and in the eventlog the message is stated

ANServiceThread.RunControlWorkflow[]:

System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitContext)

at OSIsoft.AN.Service.ANRecalculationProcessor.OnWait(TimeSpan waitTime)

at OSIsoft.AN.ANServiceThread.RunControlWorkflow()

and after that ...

ANProcessor.OnAbort[]: Abort requested. Terminating the PI Analysis service.

...boom !!..

Accepting the bombing out of Abacus as a 'given' ....after all this is a first release and we all know what that means....I happily restarted the service expecting abacus to perform a backfill..

but...allas...the period downtime exceeded the 72 hour threshold that seems to be defined 'somewhere'...resulting in no backfill at all ...not even for the last 72 hours...

( feature request 1 to devteam) : Backfill should at least be done for the defined threshold

so i started digging into the documentation (?), config files and configuration  hive in AF that also holds some Abacus setting...but nowhere to find the option the set the recovery period to a wider period..

( request 1 to product team) : Please publish some documentation hold to tweak Abacus

Anybody here has similar experiences and knows how to set/tweak the threshold ?

Outcomes