1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 4:43 PM by Dan Fishman

Issue about putting in Scan Off PItoPI tags

marco.zoccoli

Hi all,

I put in Scan Off 9000 tags of different PItopI interfaces on the same PI Server. After that I noticed that tags of just one of this interfaces have been updated to Scan Off status, while tags of all the other interfaces have still the same value they have before I put them in Scan Off or they are being updated to Scan Off status but very slowly.

I stopped and restarted one of this interface and soon after all tags in scope (of this interface) have been updated on Scan Off status correctly.

Is it necessary to restart the interfaces to be sure that all tags in scope will be updated to Scan Off status? If not, is it normal to wait for a long time before all 9000 tags are updated to Scan Off status?

Is it possible that some interface types need to be restarted to make Scan Off status effective and other types don't need it?

Thank you in advance,

Regards Marco

• Re: Issue about putting in Scan Off PItoPI tags
          Dan Fishman

Marco,

This is typical behavior and many people restart the interface if many PI Points have changed.  If you are changing 9,000 takes it will take awhile for the changes to populate.

Per the UniInt guide:

During subsequent operation, the interface checks every two minutes for points that have been added, changed, or deleted. (To modify the frequency with which the interface checks for changes, go to ICU’s UniInt page, select Point update interval (sec.) , and enter the desired frequency.) During operation, UniInt interfaces process point changes in batches of 25. If a large number of points have changed, you can speed loading by stopping and restarting the interface. UniInt interfaces write the digital state SCAN OFF to any points that are removed from the scanning while the interface is running.

Regards,

Dan