7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 12:56 AM by Ahmad Fattahi

How to get there from here?

helgesonc

With this revamped UI for what used to be vCampus, I am having problems with the following.  Any suggestions would be great!

Sincerely,

Caleb

• Re: How to get there from here?
          Roger Palmen

There is a "Get a feed for this content" button. Does that work for you?

Ahmad Fattahi

Caleb,

Let me try to show you a few ways that you can track topics and spaces here in PI Square. Hope it helps. By the way, as Roger Palmen pointed out the breakdown of the topics are different form old days of vCampus now. We have done that because we realized over a few years some spaces are underutilized; we were microfracturing the content without good justification in a number of places. At the end of the day with the tools I will enumerate below I expect you to be able to follow topics/events/people of your interest with high quality:

1. Use the feeds: as you see we now have a number of spaces within PI Developers Club on different technologies. Let's say you are interested in PI SQL Data Access Technologies. Go in that space by clicking on it. On the left hand side you see a list that says "I WANT TO...". In that menu you can view several types of RSS feeds to use.
            2. Follow a space: if you are interested in a technology, say PI SQL Data Access Technologies, you can follow the events in this space by clicking the button on top right in that space that says "Following in 1 Stream".
            3. General search box on top right is a very powerful tool at your disposal. You can also limit the scope of your search to a specific space for better results.
                helgesonc

Ahmad,

Thanks for the reply.  The feed I am actually interested apparently does not exist anymore and I still don't understand the reasoning behind it (PI Add-In Development) .  The search feature hasn't helped very much in that regard and it takes me a few minutes to even find posts that I previously participated in on this topic.  I did find one and the subspace (?) it was assigned to is called "PI Visualization Development".  If that is in fact the new "PI Add-In Development" then so be it, but that title doesn't stand out as the place I would find ProcessBook Add-In development questions.

I am still waiting for an answer on how to lookup bookmarks to older posts in this new environment.  Will that be possible, or are these once useful bookmarks now permanently broken?  Also - has the "Activity" tracker been reset for "pisquare" profiles?  I was hoping that would also be an easy way to get access to previous posts, but only this new thread is showing up there.

Thanks,

Caleb

Ahmad Fattahi

Caleb,

I am sorry we all have to go through this change of platform. I, however, am very confident that this new platform and way of breaking things down helps us break silos and find things more easily. In general quite a few things have gone through changes including the spaces and, as a result, feeds. The Activity feed started fresh as well. Let me know if you have an urgent need to your recent activities in the old platform.

As for the bookmarked posts, do you happen to have their subject line or know the content or authors? The search here is way stronger than in our previous environment. How many of them do you have?