1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 1:17 PM by pthivierge

writing SSIS job status into a PI tag using OLEDB Provider

Gaurav Agrawal

Hi Guys,

We are having a client requirement where we need to write/update status of a SSIS Job (Success/Failed/Error) along with a Time Stamp into PI tag using PI OLEDB Provider connection.

Anybody is aware of how to do that, any tutorial or document would be of great help.

Also we are trying to figure out that what parameter out of SSIS package can be written into PI tags apart from status.Any Suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Agrawal

• Re: writing SSIS job status into a PI tag using OLEDB Provider
          pthivierge

Hi Gaurav,

Maybe if you explain a little more how this SSIS job works I could give you better details.

From what I understand, I think you want to insert data into a PI tag by using OLEDB Provider?  To do that, you will need to be able to refer to a PI OLEDB Provider connection within SSIS.

Once you are there here is a sample to insert data into PI:

INSERT piarchive..picomp2 (tag, time, value)
          VALUES ('SQLDataTag1', '*', 0)

You can find PI OLEDB Provider documentation on the technical support website, just select the download tab:

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Products/Developer-Technologies/PI-OLEDB-Provider

I recommend that you read the "PI OLEDB Provider User Manual", it contains a lot of examples and explanations.

When you will become more familiar with the product, there is also another interresting document that is called "PI OLEDB SQL Optimization White Paper".

You also may want to have a look at the white paper: Utilizing MS SQL Server Tools (DTS and SSIS) for Data Exchange between PI and RDBMS, maybe it could help.

Let us know how it goes!