5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 12:43 PM by gregor

How to be a member of PI Developers Club

mamyrand

HOW TO BE A MEMBER OF PI DEVELOPPER CLUB, NO IDEA ON HOW, WHERE TO START

• Re: HOW TO BE A MEMBER OF PI DEVELOPPER CLUB
          gregor

Hello Mamy,

Thank you for this question but please note that writing in capital letters in a forum is generally understood as yelling. Hence, please consider inserting some lowercase characters

After logging in to PI Square, you select [Spaces] -> [PI Developers Club] to navigate to the PI Developers Club main page (you can also use the direct link).

On the right hand side, please look for a widget that informs you about your member status. It should look like this

Registration01.jpg

Please click on [Join Now] to navigate to the registration page.

You may also be interested in reading through our Frequently Asked Questions to learn about the costs, what's included and similar.

• Re: How to be a member of PI Developers Club
              mamyrand

Hello Gregor,

sorry for the capital character and thanks for this remark, i want to be brief, PI process Book is expensive and the company start to complain about the maintenance cost fee and stuff. I want to develop an application based on open source code software such as java, C++, ...etc legaly that will substitute PI ProcessBook not in its integrality but for certain functionnality, i know how people in my company use PI porcess Book they are just interested in Pump or valve status, level of tank, trend. that's it. I was thinking to create a lite and customized simple tool , thinking to use the library deliverable in PI SDK.

1- how can i achieve on this? and to be legal with OSIsoft, what is the term and conditions of OSIsoft for people who want to develop their own client tools?

thanks

Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hi Mamy,

Depending on which features you are interested in, you may consider using PI Coresight or PI WebParts in SharePoint. The advantage is that you just need to install these products on a central server and not on every client as occurs with PI ProcessBook.

My suggestion for you is to check the price with your account manager to know if any of those products are suitable to you before starting developing your own application.

Hope it helps!

dlee

I believe the PI Dev Club only grants you rights to develop software. If you want to have your clients use this developed software against the production PI Systems, you would have to get a separate license from OSIsoft. I believe this would be something like a PSA license.

As was suggested by Marcos, I would recommend that you talk to your OSIsoft account manager. Hopefully, he/she can answer your questions.

gregor

Hello Mamy,

Because you marked my previous answer "Correct", I missed your additional question. Please accept my apology.

Thanks to Marcos and David who reminded me of this thread and also suggested talking to your account manager at OSIsoft. Please let us know if you want us to ask your account manager to get in touch with you.

I also concur with Marcos to see first if other clients offered by OSIsoft fulfill your requirements.

A PI Developers Club membership includes the license to develop against PI. We are currently transitioning from the vCampus to the PI Developers Club program. The vCampus program is the way OSIsoft sells development licenses today.

PSA refers PI System Access. The PSA license is the runtime license required when connecting custom or 3rd party applications against the PI System.