8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 4:44 PM by asorokina

ProcessBook SVG files lose multistate symbols settings

Vidya

Hi,

For one of the client sites we are migrating SVGs from a SharePoint site (version 2007) to a new SharePoint site (version 2010). The old SVGs use module database, the new ones are being upgraded to use AF. When I copy/download the SVGs from the old SharePoint site, they are losing all the settings for multistate symbols. I am wondering if this is a known issue.

Thank you,

Vidya Shettar

OSIsoft PI Consultant

• Re: ProcessBook SVG files lose multistate symbols settings
          asorokina

Hi Vidya,

Could you please describe this issue in more detail?

Is the problem that symbols are erroneously converted to being Static?

Does this issue affect new files, old files, or both?

How exactly are the files losing multistate symbol settings?  Does it happen when you view them in the new Sharepoint site? Or when you open it in PI Processbook?

Is it possible to one of the problematic files here for us to look at?

Vidya

Hi Anna,

Here are some more details about the issue. The symbols stay in multistate, but they lose the color coding. This happens when I open the file in ProcessBook. Please see below the screenshot where the color for State 1 is "White". Whereas when the SVGs were created the State 1 color was set to "Red". I cannot directly copy these to new SharePoint library, since I am migrating them to use AF database.  Regarding sharing the SVG file I am checking with the client.

Symbols settting.png

Thank you,

Vidya Shettar

Vidya

Hi Anna,

We just got a go ahead from the client. Could you send me your email ID.  I can forward you the SVG file.

Thank you,

Vidya Shettar

asorokina

Hi Vidya,

I was able to reproduce the issue you described and found the workaround. Here is what I see after I open SVG in PI ProcessBook and add ERD elements:

1state.png2state.png

Here is the configuration of the problem element in the original SVG file (before any changes):

<PB:MultiState id="Coolpump_2_MS" BlinkBadData="0" ColorBadData="none" CurrentState="0" PBD:PtTagName="e.grit media mill pump run 1" TagName="E.Grit Media Mill Pump Run 1" PtTagValue="" ServerName="SVG MODULE CONTEXT" StateCount="2">

<PB:MSState id="Coolpump_2_MSS1" Blink="0" Color="#FF0000" LowerValue="0" UpperValue="0"/>

<PB:MSState id="Coolpump_2_MSS2" Blink="0" Color="#00FF00" LowerValue="1" UpperValue="1"/>

</PB:MultiState>

And here is configuration of the same element after ERD elements were added to the display:

<PB:MultiState id="Coolpump_2_MS" BlinkBadData="0" ColorBadData="none" CurrentState="0" PBD:PtTagName="e.grit media mill pump run 1" TagName="E.Grit Media Mill Pump Run 1" PtTagValue="" ServerName="SVG MODULE CONTEXT" StateCount="2">

<PB:MSState id="Coolpump_2_MSS1" Blink="0" Color="#FF0000" LowerValue="0" UpperValue="0"/>

<PB:MSState id="Coolpump_2_MSS2" Blink="0" Color="#00FF00" LowerValue="1065353216" UpperValue="1065353216"/>

</PB:MultiState>

As we can see, the colors' hex codes are preserved.

#FF0000  is the color hex code for Red

#00FF00 is the color hex code for Green

Also, the LowerValue and the UpperValue parameters of the second State were replaced by "1065353216".  1065353216 is the integer representation of 1.0 (float).

After I replaced  all "1065353216" values in the SVG file with "1", saved file and opened it in PI ProcessBook, the multistate dialog showed proper colors.

Can you try this workaround and let me know if it works for you?

pbdialog.png

There is a known issue regarding conversion from MRD to ERD: 23395OSI8 - Multistate does not retain customization after conversion from MRD to ERD .

However it doesn't fit this case 100%. Therefore, it would be good to know some extra information:

Do you know which version of PI ProcessBook was used to create the SVG files? Which version of PI Processbook are you using now?

What is the Value Type of the problem attribute (for example, Grit Media Mill Pump Run 1) in AF? What is the type of the tag assigned to the problem attribute? Digital?

Thanks,

Anna