7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 1:30 PM by pthivierge

How to check input tag value every minutes?

Mayur_Thole

Given input tag I want to find out for every minute whether the value of input tag is zero from yesterday night 12 AM  to 12 AM of today. If that value is zero then increment the counter. I produced this code but I don't know its correct or not.

Public Overrides Sub ACECalculations()
              Dim i As Integer
              Dim sCurrentDate As String, sTomorrow As String
              Dim CDM As Integer
              sCurrentDate = Concat(PIMonth(MyBase.ExeTime), "-", PIDay(MyBase.ExeTime), "-", PIYear(MyBase.ExeTime), " ")
              sTomorrow = Concat(PIMonth(MyBase.ExeTime - 86400), "-", PIDay(MyBase.ExeTime - 86400), "-", PIYear(MyBase.ExeTime - 86400), " ")
              i = 0
              For CDM = 0 To CDM <= 1440 Step 1
                  If AvaiFac_InputTag.Value(CDM).Equals(0) Then
                      i = i + 1
                  End If
              Next CDM
              i = i
          End Sub

• Re: How to check input tag value every minutes?
          Mayur_Thole

There is For loop where I am given as condition as CDM =0 To CDM <1440 ie. CDM is the variable which is starting from zero min to 1440 min in a day.
          It will check for the value of input tag whether it is zero or not with if condition but I am able to do it for current day.

and sTomorrow variable i m creating string by sub 86400 sec(ie no of sec in Day) from MyBase.Exe time ie current time. Will get yesterday date in Tommarrow i made mistake in written. it should be yesterday date. instade of tomorrow day.  

pthivierge

Hello Mayur,

I have shortened the title of your questions to make it easier to read and clearer for others when performing search on the site, I hope you are OK with the new title!

From your example I would guess that you run your calculation once per day, is this right? ( I have seen:  MyBase.ExeTime - 86400 , this is why I thought that).

Your approach is not bad, but there are easier approaches to do that: I would use the TimeEQ Method*:

PIACEPoint.TimeEQ Method : Finds the total time in seconds, within a specified time range, when archive values for the point are equal to a given value.

* Source: PI ACE Documentation, PIACEReference.chm.  It is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PIPC\ACE\Help or %pihome%\PIPC\ACE\Help

Then I would probably do something like this:

Dim today As Date = PIACEBIFunctions.ParseTime("*").LocalDate.Date
                    Dim yesterday As Date = Today.AddDays(-1)

' Check how many seconds the value was 0 during the interval between yesterday and today
                    Dim numSecondsValueIsZero = AvaiFac_InputTag.TimeEQ(yesterday, today, 0)

' if numSecondsValueIsZero=86400 then 
                    ' ' value was 0 the entire day
                    ' end if
                    ' ... the rest of your logic here

End Sub

Note: for PIACEBIFunctions.ParseTime to compile properly, you will need to add a reference to PITimeServer (double click on "my project" in visual studio, then select References):

2015-02-12_11-58-07_PIACESamples - Microsoft Visual Studio (Administrator).png

Mayur_Thole

Its fine that you shortened the title .

And You are right that i run my calculation once in a day. ie (MyBase.ExeTime current time) and MyBase.ExeTime - 86400 is the yesterday time.

Mayur_Thole

I made change that i want in code . Please check it. I commented the error that i m getting while debugging the code. Plz check and reply.

' today value is #2-12-15#

Dim yesterday As Date = today.AddDays(-1)
                          Dim numMinValueISZero As Integer
                          Dim numSecondsValueIsZero As Integer

'but While debugging not able to see the value of yesterday it shows nothing but can see the value of today as #2-12-15#.
                          'not able to see the value of numSecondsValueIsZero
                          'I Convert Sec into Min
                          'But the value for AvaiFac_OutputTag.Value showing nothing means 
                          'there may not be any value present for given condition
                          'it is showing an error in below line  as Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.

numSecondsValueIsZero = AvaiFac_InputTag.TimeEQ(yesterday, today, 0)
                           numMinValueISZero = numSecondsValueIsZero / 60
                           AvaiFac_OutputTag.Value = (24 - (numMinValueISZero / 60)) / 24

End Sub

pthivierge

Hello Mayur,

I am not certain why you are getting the error, I tested the code and it works on my side.

Try to check the stack trace of the error ans see if you can get more details.

Also, since you are only calculating a percentage you don't need to do all those calculations, the only thing you need to do is to divide per 86400 seconds (one day).

Dim yesterday As Date = today.AddDays(-1)
                              Dim percentageWhenValueIsZero As Integer
                              Dim numSecondsValueIsZero As Double

numSecondsValueIsZero = AvaiFac_OutputTag.TimeEQ(yesterday, today, 0)

' Get percentage (Gives a value between 0 and 1)
                              percentageWhenValueIsZero = numSecondsValueIsZero / 86400
                              AvaiFac_OutputTag.Value = percentageWhenValueIsZero
                          End Sub

I don't see anything wrong regarding the variable yesterday, did you step over the variable (F10) so it is assigned? the AddDays Method is part of the .Net Framework and I see no reason why it could not work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful