AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Coresight 2014 Unexpected Error creating Displays

Question asked by JulioDeLeon on Feb 24, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 by Camille Metzinger

Hello, new PI Coresight player here:

I have installed PI Coresight 2014 following the installation guide as much as possible, no problem so far also post installation tasks completed ok. However, when I access the Coresight site from my computer (using IE11) and try to create a new Display dragging a PI point and selecting Trending (or any other one) the object is created successfully but I receive a red error notification that reads "Unexpected Error", and it doesn't say anything else. I also noticed that the Display is not saved.

This is my configuration, due to some constraints, mostly because it is a test system, I have everything in the same physical server (2 physical quad-core processors, 16GB ram, 200GB hdd):

- Windows Server 2008 R2 fully updated (joined to our domain and no antivirus installed).

- PI Data Archive 2012, with three PI Points only.

- PI-to-PI Interface (replicating from another PI Data Archive)

- PI AF Server 2014 R2 (User database created via PI Explorer, but no elements created yet).

- PI Coresight 2014, which also installed PI Web Api and PI Indexed Search Crawler.

Additional Info:

- Every task done via RDP using the server's Local Administrator account.

- Used a Domain Account for the Coresight accounts as suggested.

- The only specific steps I didn't follow were the ones involved enabling Kerberos delegation and disabling Kernel-mode authentication.

I'm a PI Data Archive Administrator, but can't figure out what's going on here, I believe it has to be when it's saving the display but not sure where else to look.

Thank you for any help.

Julio.

Outcomes