AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creation of Pi Notification based on a value change

Question asked by norah Champion on Mar 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 by norah

Hi Guys

I have been playing around with Pi notifications for while and manged to create some useful  but basic notifications for our senior management.

But as with all good things, I have been asked to improve a basic notification into something more complex and at the moment I am a bit stumped.

I have a level in a dam that we monitor very closely during this time of year (wet season lots of rain dam level increasing), and my simple notification was when LT1> number, start sending out a daily notification containing the level at 7:30 each morning.

What I have been asked to do is to send out a notification every 5 cm above this level. so not time based, no matter what time of the day or night, an email with the value to a certain group of people.

While I can do a separate notification for each 5 cm this is a bit messy, I thought that maybe I could create other element attributes that could hold the 5cm value and maybe compare values but still seems messy.

I am currently trying to work out if there is an if then else but my logic skills are rusty so it could take a while.

I would really appreciate if anyone has some suggestions to point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Norah

Outcomes