3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 7:56 PM by dng

Can I download a demo PI System to set up for POC work?

fdeschenes

Is there a demo version of PI Server and the other PI components I can set up in our sandbox to do some proof of concept and connectivity work between a number of other enterprise components (BizTalk, Teradata, etc)? I could just use the sinusoid tags and not even worry about interfaces atthis point. Or I could manually load some test data into the archives. I would want the PI Data Access suite and also some of the visualization tools. There is an increasing intersection with our client projects and their existing PI systems as a source for better analytics and dashboards. A demo PI system in our own development sandbox would be hugely beneficial.

Thanks.

Frederick

• Re: Can I download a demo PI System to set up for POC work?
          dng

Hi Frederick,

You might be interested in becoming a member of PI Developers Club. With the membership, you can get the following software (reference: PI Developers Club FAQ):

• PI Server: PI Data Archive, PI Asset Framework, PI Event Frames, PI Notifications, PI ACE
          • Clients: PI ProcessBook, PI DataLink, PI WebParts (which includes PI DataLink Server), PI Coresight, PI ActiveView
          • Interfaces: PI Event Frame Generator, MCN Health Monitor Interface, PI to PI Interface
          • PI System Access Technologies: the OSIsoft SDKs (AF SDK and PI SDK, which includes the PI Notifications and the PI Event Frames SDK), PI Web API, PI Web Services, PI JDBC Driver, PI OLEDB Enterprise, the classic PI OLEDB Provider, classic PI ODBC Client (by special request through Tech Support), and the PI OPC DA/HDA Server. Note that PI API is not included.
          • Pre-release software: exclusive previews with Community Technology Previews (CTP), Beta, and Release Candidate (RC) versions of new products or product versions
          • Access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)

If you have an account manager, you might also want to discuss with him/her about obtaining a demo. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Re: Can I download a demo PI System to set up for POC work?
              fdeschenes

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the fast response. I’ve got a 7 year history architecting and integrating with OSIsoft Historian via Rockwell’s repackaging of it in Factory Talk. Now I’m working directly in OSIsoft’s space, rather than Factory Talk. I’m working to get my development and visualization folks engaged in the OSIsoft suite. I put together an hour long  overview that I’m doing for managers and director’s here.  However, my current need is to put together a working demo of PI Server to Teradata in our sandbox by end of next week – need to make that happen. We’ve got everything except PI in place. Need to demonstrate OLEDB type connectivity, AF and Web Services connectivity, as we have several projects which may require different interfaces to PI.  Our clients have large numbers of PI systems and I think there is significant opportunity to engage the PI data in the enterprise architecture work we are doing with them. I don’t have an account manager, but would love to have someone call me asap. 650-622-2695.

Thanks again.

Frederick