4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 1:15 PM by dng

PI ACE 2.x is not archive after patch update? What Could be reason

Yasin@Cat

Hey Guys,

After reboot of patch update in the Operating System, PI ACE 2.X is not archiving. What could be the reason? We have added PI-HOME location exception in antivirus also? Any advice please?

Regards,

Yasin

• Re: PI ACE 2.x is not archive after patch update? What Could be reason
          dng

Hi Mohamed,

When you said PI ACE 2.x is not archiving, did you mean that the ACE calculations are not writing to the output tags? I would also like to get more information about the issue you are experiencing:

• Are you having issues with all ACE calculations? Or a specific calculation?
          • Do you see ACE output values in the snapshot but not archive? Or are you not seeing output values in both?
          • From ACE manager, are your calculations running without in any error states?

A good place to look would be the PI message logs on both the ACE scheduler machine, as well as the message logs on the PI server. You can use pigetmsg in command-line on the ACE machine to look at the PI message logs. If you want more debugging information, you can increase the debug log level for the ACE scheduler using PI ACE manager.

Finally, if your ACE scheduler was writing to the output tags using PI Buffer Subsystem before, but the dependency of your ACE scheduler was not set properly, the ACE scheduler might not be started after PI Buffer Subsystem during machine restart. In this case, the output tags will have a write lock and you will see -11414 errors in the PI message logs. In this case, please refer to KB00111 for more information about setting up buffering for PI ACE.

dng

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for following up on this post! I noticed that your marked the above answer as correct. Would you mind sharing how you finally resolve the issue? This way, community members encountering the same issue in the future will be able to get more troubleshooting information.

Yasin@Cat

Hey Daphne,

Answer to your questions..

• Are you having issues with all ACE calculations? Or a specific calculation? - ALL ACE CALC
                  • Do you see ACE output values in the snapshot but not archive? Or are you not seeing output values in both? - NOT SEEING OUTPUT VALUES IN BOTH
                  • From ACE manager, are your calculations running without in any error states? -  I TRIED TO TEST THE MODULE FROM SCHEDULER IT WAS GIVING ME VALUES BUT NOT ARCHIVING
                  • Did you mean that the ACE calculations are not writing to the output tags? - YES
                  • The ACE scheduler might not be started after PI Buffer Subsystem during machine restart - ACE & PI BUFFER WAS RUNNING

The following steps helped me to clear the issue,

I went to the event viewer log files and saw there are was a force reboot after the patch update, then I went to pigetmsg log and saw which caused my PI Buffer to be queued up. Then I tried pibufss -bc which didnt give me any luck. Then I renamed the first *000* file in the queue and restarted the PI Bufss services which helped me to clear the queued files.

Regards,

Yasin.