AnsweredAssumed Answered

Have problem using OSIsoft.AF.PI.PIPoint.UpdateValue(...)

Question asked by Wepeng Yu on Apr 1, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 by Wepeng Yu

Hi,

I'm trying to save a list of AFValue into PI Server without compression. I tried PIPoint.UpdateValue(...) and PIPoint.UpdateValues(...) with the option of AFUpdateOption.InsertNoCompression, but it seems doesn't work.

The code shows below.  If the count of values saved into PI is less than 4000, all the values are not compressed. However, if the count is more than 5000, the values are compressed and distorted, no matter if I use "AFUpdateOption.InsertNoCompression".

//OnePIPoint is a AF.PI.PIPoint. it is created new, and do not have data in PI server before.

int k = 0;

foreach (AFValue oneV in ValueList)     //ValueList is a List<> which contains AFValues

{

OnePIPoint.UpdateValue(oneV, OSIsoft.AF.Data.AFUpdateOption.InsertNoCompression);

if (k++ > 4000)    break;

}

I checked data of the point using Processbook. The first pic is good, which have less than 4000 values. But the second pic shows that the values have been distorted.

The time difference between two values is 0.0002 second (4800 Hz sampling). I'm not sure if it is the time interval causing the problem.

4000-0.002.JPG5000-0.002.JPG

Outcomes