AnsweredAssumed Answered

Manual Logger PI Server and email

Question asked by seabankpi on Apr 5, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2015 by seabankpi

Hi All

First time asking a question here so I'm not 100% sure if this is where I come!

We have a manual logger tour that collects data from tank levels overnight, once the tank level low is reached, the Windows Mobile Device flags up its below the reorder level, and the operator simply dismisses this to carry on with the tour as at that time is not really relevant.

When the tour is complete the Windows Mobile device is docked and the data is transferred to the PI server, at that point the operator scans in manual logger to see which tank level has the yellow "!" by it indicating that there is a low level. They then email the stores to obtain a purchase order so that the day shift can reorder the tanks contents.

Is there a way that using either PI or PI Manual Logger that this process can be automated? So that if the reorder level is reached then an email is sent to the stores to automatically request the purchase order? Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.

As a little bit of a background, I am the PI administrator here, and I am working with an already assembled system that has been running 10 years or more, however I am fairly new to the PI system as our old administrator has retired (lucky!!) so not fully appreciative of its power as of yet!

Thanks

Graham

Outcomes