6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 8:11 PM by ppirogovsky

temporary license

sibrewer

Looking to upgrade PI and numerous PI components. Is it true that the only FREE test license is now the one with 90 day archive restriction? Before we used 'gold license' with 90 day limit but unrestricted archive however we have been told this is no longer available and only option is 90day archive one or buy a test / dev license (at great cost)

Thanks

• Re: temporary license
          dtayler

Hi Simon,

Account managers are responsible for licensing enquiries. If you contact your account manager, they will be able to answer all your licensing enquiries.

Cheers,

Dave Tayler

OSIsoft

sibrewer

Hi David. The account manager is who informed me of the new rules. We are running an update project so the reason for my post is to see if there are any options we haven't considered. Therefore referring to Ian Smith wouldn't help.

Many thanks

Simon Brewer

Sent from my iPhone

dtayler

Hi Simon,

The account managers are responsible for all licensing queries so ultimately you'll need to discuss you requirements with Ian. Account managers will be in the loop about all options for you. I'll pass your concerns on to him so he can contact you separately to help you.

Cheers,

Dave

Eugene Lee

Regarding licensing issues, it is always good to discuss this with your account manager because there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to licensing and it is the account manager who makes the decision.

Moved the thread to All Things PI for further discussion.

sibrewer

Hi Eugene . The account manager is who informed me of the new rules. We are running an update project so the reason for my post is to see if there are any options we haven't considered. Therefore referring to Ian Smith wouldn't help.

Many thanks

Simon Brewer

Sent from my iPhone

ppirogovsky

Hi Simon,

There are no options currently available beyond those that your account manager has presented. They are the final word on licensing inquiries as David stated above. In this case there is the FREE license with a 90 day archive restriction (which doesn't affect most testing) and there are test/development licenses available at cost. You can discuss the details of pricing with Ian Smith and consider whether you really need more than 90 days of archives.

All the Best,

Paul