9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 7:14 PM by Gaurav Agrawal

Filtering FindPIPoints by Point Class

Steve Boyko

I am trying to build a tag search dialog to allow the user to enter a tag mask and select a point class to limit the search. I'm having trouble with the query syntax and would appreciate some help. Here's my code so far:

Dim coll As IEnumerable(Of PIPoint)

Dim criteria As List(Of String)

criteria = New List(Of String)

criteria.Add("Name='" + ctrlSearch.Text + "'")

If cmbPointClass.SelectedIndex > 0 Then      ' not just "all"

criteria.Add("PointClass=" + cmbPointClass.Text)

End If

coll = PIPoint.FindPIPoints(Form1.pisrv, criteria)

lstTags.Items.Clear()

For Each p In coll

lstTags.Items.Add(p.Name)

Next

It never returns anything in the collection. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.

• Re: Filtering FindPIPoints by Point Class
          dng

Hi Steve,

To search for a tag according to tag mask as well as point class, consider using the PIIPoint.FindPIPoints(PIServer, IList(Of IEnumerable(Of PIPointQuery))) overload method. Declare criteria as as a List(Of IEnumerable(Of PIPointQuery)) instead. E.g.

Dim coll As IEnumerable(Of PIPoint)
                  Dim criteria As List(Of IEnumerable(Of PIPointQuery))

Dim ptQuery1 As PIPointQuery
                  Dim ptQuery2 As PIPointQuery

criteria = New List(Of IEnumerable(Of PIPointQuery))

ptQuery1 = New PIPointQuery("Tag", Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal, "sin*")
                  ptQuery2 = New PIPointQuery("PtClassName", Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal, "Classic")

criteria.Add({ptQuery1, ptQuery2})

coll = PIPoint.FindPIPoints(Form1.pisrv, criteria)
                  lstTags.Items.Clear()
                  For Each p As PIPoint In coll
                      lstTags.Items.Add(p.Name)
                  Next

Feel free to replace "sin*" and "Classic" with the result from the search dialog.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              Gaurav Agrawal

Hi Daphne ,

I also have the same requirement as that of Steve, but in my case I am trying to filter tags based on point source and interface ID(Location1), and since I have a couple of interfaces, I want to search tags within a array of Location1 parameter.

As per your suggestion, I have used PIPointquery to create queries, and using AF SDK reference I have used AFSearchOperator.In method which takes an array as input.

I have created an array of Location1 parameter which  I am passing to this function as shown below;

int[] Location1Array = new int[] { 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 };

IEnumerable<PIPointQuery> criteria;

PIPointQuery query1 = new PIPointQuery("PointSource",OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal,"D");

PIPointQuery query2 = new PIPointQuery("Location1", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.In, Location1Array.ToString());

criteria = (new List<PIPointQuery>() { query1, query2,});

PIPointList PIPoints = new PIPointList(PIPoint.FindPIPoints(myPIserver,criteria,null));

but FindPIPoints function in my code is giving me System.NotSupporttedException as I am passing  criteria to the function

Kindly suggest what step I am doing wrong and how to correct it?

Regards,

Gaurav Agrawal

asorokina

The In search operator appears to be not supported in PIPointQuery, see the remarks chapter here: PIPointQuery.Operator Property

In this case you can use one of the following overloads:

PIPoint.FindPIPoints Method (PIServer, String, Boolean, IEnumerable(String), AFSearchTextOption)

PIPoint.FindPIPoints Method (PIServer, IList(IEnumerable(PIPointQuery)), IEnumerable(String))

Here is an example of the first overload:

PIPointList PIPoints = new PIPointList(PIPoint.FindPIPoints(myPIserver, "(PointSource:=R AND Location1:=0) OR (PointSource:=R AND Location1:=1)", false, null));

And here is an example of the second overload:

List<IEnumerable<PIPointQuery>> queriesToOR = new List<IEnumerable<PIPointQuery>>();

for (int i = 51; i <= 59; i++)
                              {
                                  List<PIPointQuery> criteria = new List<PIPointQuery>();
                                  criteria.Add(new PIPointQuery("PointSource", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal, "D"));
                                  criteria.Add(new PIPointQuery("Location1", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal, i.ToString()));
                                  queriesToOR.Add(criteria);
                              }

PIPointList PIPoints = new PIPointList(PIPoint.FindPIPoints(myPIserver, queriesToOR, null));

:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hello,

Another solution would be to find all PI Points with the PointSource = "D" and 50 < Location1 < 60. In order to do that, we will need to find:

- piPoints1 with the PI Points PointSource = "D" and  Location1  > 50

- piPoints2 with the PI Points PointSource = "D" and  Location1  < 60

- And finally, piPoints will intersect the PI Points from piPoints1 and piPoints2.

Please refer to the code snippet below for more information:

PIPointQuery ptQuery1 = new PIPointQuery("PointSource", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.Equal, "D");
                                  PIPointQuery ptQuery2 = new PIPointQuery("Location1", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.GreaterThan, "50");
                                  PIPointQuery ptQuery3 = new PIPointQuery("Location1", OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.LessThan, "60");

IEnumerable<PIPoint> piPoints1 = PIPoint.FindPIPoints(piServer, new PIPointQuery[] { ptQuery1, ptQuery2 });
                                  IEnumerable<PIPoint> piPoints2 = PIPoint.FindPIPoints(piServer, new PIPointQuery[] { ptQuery1, ptQuery3 });
                                  IEnumerable<PIPoint> piPoints = null;
                                  if ((piPoints1.Count() > 0) && (piPoints2.Count() > 0))
                                  {
                                      piPoints = piPoints1.Intersect(piPoints2);
                                  }

Hope it helps!

Gaurav Agrawal

Thanks Anna and Marcos!!

It worked for me, and as Gregor suggested, I followed Anna approach on this . Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Gaurav Agrawal

asorokina

Hi Steve,

Have you considered using AF SDK UI PIPointTagSearchPage component?

1 of 1 people found this helpful