5 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 4:42 PM by bshang

How to add filters for a PI Table with a Web Service DataSet

jarmdq

Hi,

I'm using PI Webparts with SharePoint 2010 and I need to add two filters for a PI Table with a Web Service DataSet.

I have two parameters in my web service,  one is a DateTime  and the other a string.

I want to add a Date filter and a check filter o something similar for zones. So I can filter more than one zone, sending to the web services a value like this "Zone1/Zone2/etc"

Thanks!

• Re: How to add filters for a PI Table with a Web Service DataSet
          bshang

Hi Juan,

The most elegant way to handle a filter functionality would be to pass in an Enumeration type as an input parameter in the web service method, but I do not believe this is supported as a method parameter type for web service data sources within PI Web Parts. The only alternative I can think of is modification of the web service method to take in a string input parameter that represents the type of filter you want to achieve.

For example, to include all rows that contain either Zones 1,2,4, the filter can be a semi-colon delimited string input: Zone1;Zone2;Zone4. The web service method then is responsible for parsing/tokenizing the string. In the Method Parameters table configuration in the RtBaseline Admin page, set Type=Text and Data Format = String. Would something like this satisfy the requirements or are their other constraints?