AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll works internally?

Question asked by binod_tiwary on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 by binod_tiwary

Hi All,

I am using OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll (File version: 2.5.1.5159) in my project in the development environment which is running PI System Explorer 2012 and PI SDK 2012 SP1.

My QA environment is slightly old and it's still running PI Sys Explorer 2010 R2 - 2.3.0.4048  and PI SDK 1.3.8.388 (file version 1.3.8.387).

I am using InterpolatedValues() method in my project which as per the AFSDK reference guide available only in the newer version (This method, property, or class is only available in the .NET 4 version of the SDK). I am under impression that as OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll is a .net assembly, it has self contained everything and local to my project. Keeping this in my mind I deployed the project on the QA environment but it is compalining with the data method 'InterpolatedValues' is not supported on an Attribute error.

I am really confused because OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll which is shipped in the bin folder of my project is the one which supports 'InterpolatedValues' but still it's complaining.

The following link suggests me to upgrade the environment to  2012

https://pisquare.osisoft.com/message/29156

but before that I need to understand what's the purpose of OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll in the bin folder of my project if I still need to upgrade the PI System Explored and PI SDK environment to support the 'InterpolatedValues'method. Am I missing something in the project configuration which is making this dll  to be picked from the PI Installation folder rather than from the bin folder of the project?

Is there anyway to use this version of OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll without upgrading the environmnet?

Thanks

Outcomes