Yes, blow the candles: the vCampus program had its 2-year anniversary last Tuesday, November 16th !!
Everybody is really busy these days (noticed the website upgrade? ) and this kind of went unnoticed, but I think it is important to take a minute and realize where we're at and where we're coming from. We announced the vCampus program back in October 2008, at the Amsterdam Users Conference - it went live on November 16th, 2008 and consisted of our first true online community.
In 2 years, we went from nothing to:
- 1000+ non-OSIsoft people in the community (and many OSI'ers participating, aside from the vCampus team)
- Almost 8000 discussion forum posts
- 24 webinars if you count the one on PI Web Services next week to 24 (shameless plug for my webinar )
- 2 OSIsoft vCampus Live! events
- 3 vCampus All-Stars
- Several White Papers, Accelerators and Tutorials on the Library
- Many problems solved and questions addressed!
Thanks to everybody on the community, whether you are a customer, a partner or an OSIsoft employee! This has been a very exciting journey so far, and definitely improved how we interact and communicate with our developers and integrators community - by helping all of you guys build higher-value and higher-quality solutions (hopefully!), and by helping us understand how you use our products and what you need from us. I hope you feel the same way and that this will last for a very long time!
And off to our 3rd year together!