I thought I would take you all on a (scary) journey down the rabbit hole to see what wonderful concepts with the PI System are trying to fight their way out of my brain. These are the type of projects that I have talked about before on the vCampus discussion hall, or even contemplated developing until I find myself moving on to the next crazy idea. About time I shared some of these so they get the airtime they deserve and hopefully to get the creative juices flowing for others.
Actually, some of the ideas do make it in to code when I suddenly decide that it is time for a solo hackathon – you know, you finally settle down for the evening after getting both kids to bed when you find that you just can’t get that idea out of your head so you just start coding (usually whilst watching a re-run of the film ‘The Matrix’ for the 25th time)…then all of a sudden it is 4am, you have to get up for work in a few hours so not point sleeping now, right?
These R&D projects are ones that I will write about in a series of blog posts over the coming weeks so stay tuned. To give you an idea of some of them, of which some are clearly inspired by rumours of what OSIsoft is researching, the following list gives a headline of the projects:
- Natural Interface for PI System Management (Microsoft Kinect Sensor based). “Grab hold of an interface connection and manage it.”
- Emotional PI – Changing application user experience based on the users mood (Microsoft Kinect Sensor based –facial tracking!)
- Server Side Buffering with Point Priorities (Windows Azure). This was quite an easy one – are you listening PI Server team?
- Next generation Performance Equations (AF + Microsoft StreamInsight).
- Social PI – My PI Server just tweeted me! So I tweeted it back!! (Twitter REST based).
- Mobile based AF asset walker with location services (employing graph theory).
Whilst I flick endlessly through my calendar to find time to blog about each of these crazy ideas, is there any preference to what you all would like to read about first