The ability to subscribe to PI point updates through data pipes is a convenient feature which helps in both understanding and troubleshooting data flow. PIEventsNovo is a console application that can be used to sign up for data pipe (snapshot/archive/timeseries) events and additionally provides useful data access features.
Scenarios where this tool might be useful
- Set up data pipe subscription for pi events (including timeseries and future data)
- Fetching current (end-of-stream) values
- Fetching archive values over a particular time range
- Generating interpolated and plot values based on sample duration and pixels in trend
- Summary calculations (Event and Time weighted) over a time range
- Update/Annotate pi events specifying write mode (replace,insert, no compression etc) and buffer option
- Upload values to a tag from a csv file
- Delete recorded values over a time range
Note: most output formats are comma separated making it convenient to redirect the console output to csv/txt files for further investigation.
Sign up for snapshot and archive events
Summary (Event Weighted)
Update (with no compression and buffer event)
Upload data to a pi point from csv file (with mode and buffer options)
Source Code and Technical Documentation
.NET Framework 4.5.2
OSIsoft.AFSDK 22.214.171.124 Version 126.96.36.19959
During your interactions with our technical support team you might have come across a certain 'pievents' application (inspiration for the current name and functionalities) which performs snapshot and archive data pipe subscription. However, this is not distributed or available for download and it lacks support for relatively modern features like TimeSeries and Future Data.
If you find issues, or would incorporate a new feature in this utility, please feel free to post your comments.