Below is a link to the presentation given at Barcelona on September 27, 2018 for the LiveCoding session titled "Getting the Most Out of AFSearch".
Link to Recording: LiveCoding--Getting-the-Most-Out-of-the-AFSearch
GitHub Repository: AF-SDK -PIWorld-EMEA-2018-AFSearch-LiveCoding
While some of it is a repeat of what was presented at San Francisco in April, the beginning section features new material on the upcoming AF SDK 2.10.5 release. The new features discussed:
- OR clauses in searches.
- FindObjects replaces the now deprecated FindElements, FindEventFrames, FindAttributes, etc.
- AFSearchToken structure being replaced by new AFSearchBaseToken abstract class with 4 concrete classes: AFSearchFilterToken, AFSearchQueryToken, AFSearchOrToken, and AFSearchExpressionToken.
- AFSearchToken will be mapped to new AFSearchBaseToken, if possible.
- If your query uses an OR, the AFSearch.Tokens property will throw an exception.
- New AFSearch.TokensCollection property is meant to replace Tokens functionality and works with new AFSearchBaseToken.
- AFSearchToken and AFSearch.Tokens property are both marked as deprecated.