AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculated Data With Filter Expression Error

Question asked by dcunningham on Nov 10, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 by bbregenzer

Hello Everyone,

I'm attempting to calculate the average speed of a vehicle when the vehicle is operating under a certain condition, in this case when the tire pressure falls below a certain value. However, after setting it up in DataLink, I'm getting an error. "The formula you typed contains an error." And then goes on to list things to try, none of which solve my problem. The thing is, the formula works if I just don't apply the filter expression. I've made sure that the syntax in the filter expression is accurate so I'm sort of at a loss as to what's going on. The only thing I could think of was that it didn't like that I was trying to compare two different tags, but no dice. I thought maybe it could be the Calculation Basis, so I've tried both event and time-weighted, again nothing. Again, the calculation works if I just don't put a filter expression in.

I'm sure that there's data points for both tags for it to work from, I checked with a compressed data query. I can't think of anything else that could be wrong.

Has anyone encountered something like this before? Any advice?

Thanks,

Dan

Outcomes