AnsweredAssumed Answered

Processbook Display - Change Trend Refresh Rate

Question asked by antonove on Jun 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 by Rhys Kirk

Hi all,

I'm fairly new at working with Processbook but I am trying to find a way to change the update/refresh rate of a trend graph in a Processbook display. My trend displays the status of a machine and I need to get the timestamp of each status change in order to keep track of timers that show the machines on-time. I know about the method where you change the "TIMER" value in Procbook.ini but was wondering if there was another way to do it. I need the data to update every second and have run into issues with the program crashing when I change the "TIMER" value to something smaller than 5 seconds.

Initially I tried using the "trend.SetTimeRange" method in a loop every second to get the trend to refresh however when doing so, it seems that the trend stops responding to new data from the server. It becomes stuck on a given value as long as the "trend.SetTimeRange" method is running.

If it is not possible to change the refresh rate of the trend graph, is there a way to pull the trend data and put it into another element such as a listbox? If I right click on the trend diagram, there is an option called "Show Details and Annotations" which displays each entry of the diagram and the time it happened. I was thinking about putting that data into something like a listbox and then updating somehow updating the listbox every second to get the data that I need.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes