6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 2:57 PM by Budana

List of tags in a ProcessBook/Coresight file

Budana

Dear PI users, is there an easy way to dump all tags that are associated with (used in) a ProcessBook file or Coresight?

The idea is similar to getting a table of an ad-hoc display in the 2016 Coresight but with an extra step of exporting in text.

Thanks you all!

Budana

• Re: List of tags in a ProcessBook/Coresight file
          mtippett

Hi Budana,

For Proccessbook displays there is the Proccessbook Support Tool which has a 'Tag Return' feature which will list the tags in the display.  Unfortunately I'm not aware of any similar tool for Coresight, whilst the information on tag references is stored in the Coresight SQL database, we don't recommend that customers directly reference this database as it may be subject to change in further Coresight releases meaning that your queries may break when upgrading.

The below KB article is a good starting point for learning about the Processbook support tool:

KB00340 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on PI ProcessBook Support Tool

Budana

Thank you Michael,

This is a good start.  How do we get the tool because the support site only lists 2 guides and a release note.

Reason for asking: We are gathering tags that are currently used by the PI clients: PB and Datalink (and all AF tags) to prioritize tags to some sort of data quality program.

Your answer plus the utility download is a complete solution, thanks much.

Budana

mtippett

Hi Budana,

I had a quick look at your account and it looks like you are not licenced to download the Processbook Support Tool which is why you can't see it in the support site.  I will contact your account manager to let them know that you are interested in it, unfortunately I can't give you any guidance on what the licencing implications are as that is the domain of your account manager.

aksnk89

HI Budana,

As far as Coresight is concerned that feature is still not available.

For Processbook we have couple of options :

1) Processbook Support Tool  - This is a very good utility if your Processbook contains direct PI Tags and not via AF Attribute.

2) In Built feature of Processbook if it contains direct PI Tags as suggested by Jinmo Yi in below trail.

3) This is one which I used more since our display are based on AF Attributes. I have created a Processbook utility that will extract  AF attributes in an Excel sheet in the format required by PI Builder and the you can extract the PI tags mapped to AF attribute just by a click using PI Builders Feature.

Thanks ,

Akash

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  jyi

For processbook, you could get a list by double-clicking the green circle in the bottom status bar. Then you can export the symbol and tags to an excel spreadsheet.

For Coresight, it might be little more difficult. 2016 R2(not released yet) adds 'export to file' feature to do just that. But until then, I am with Michael.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    Budana

To Michael, Jinmo, and Akash, thank you very much.  Helpful hints and ways to get what we need of the subject

Budana