2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 11:54 PM by yyang

Drop down button  in PI

Micky

Hi everyone

I would like to ask, if there is a possiblity to create a drop down button in PI process book display.

the idea is .when i click the button, it should show the list of elements from where i can choose the element of my choice.

• Re: Drop down button  in PI
          Asle Frantzen

Hi

Yes, it's possible but you'll have to do it "manually" through VBA code.

Click the 'Controls' button in the ProcessBook toolbar, and add a "Microsoft Forms 2.0 ComboBox" to your display. Then you'll need to fill it with the elements you want.

Accessing AF isn't supported directly through VBA in ProcessBook, but you have a couple of options: Either use the AFWrapper library, or access AF through the PI WebAPI.

1. How to install AF Wrapper in ProcessBook

2. How to use PI Web API with VBA - Introduction

4 of 4 people found this helpful
          • Re: Drop down button  in PI
            yyang

Asle provided some great advice.  AF Wrapper is the way to go. But here are some additional inputs that I can provide:

If those who are looking for the codeless solution, maybe the built-in AF Browser in PB can achieve the goal.

To do so:

Enable it in View, then in Build Mode, Create an Empty Trend and Simply Drag and Drop the Attribute to the Trend:

1 of 1 people found this helpful