19 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 4:38 PM by gregor

Issue with AF analysis

Maitreyi

Hi,

I've created an Analysis trying to capture the timestamp of a tag in an attribute called LAstupdate. when I evaluate, it's showing me the correct date & time but when I look at it from PSE clinet 2015 ver 2.7  --> Attributes(option) on the right hand side, it pops with 01/01/1970 which is really strange. Please find the attached screenshots. Not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly. Please help.

• Re: Issue with AF analysis
          stang

Hi Maitreyi,

I cannot see any screenshots. Perhaps they did not attach correctly?

It would be great if we could see the attribute and analysis configuration.

Maitreyi

Sam,

Unfortunately couldn’t attach the screenshot for some reasons. Not sure why.

I added an attribute as Tag with the Data reference – “PI Point”, mapped it to an existing tag where I was able to view the value of the tag along with the date & timestamp.

Creating  an analysis with PreEvent(‘Tag’, ‘*’) command, mapped to a new attribute called LastUpdate with the Data Reference as “DateTime”, it spits with a strange date & timestamp. But when Evaluated, I can see the correct values. Not sure if I’m doing incorrectly.

Please find the attached.

Cheers,

Maitreyi Sathyanathan

gregor

Hello Maitreyi,

As far as I can see, the date reported to LastTimeStamp is already showing wrong. Can you please make sure the Data Reference is set to Analysis and the Value Type to DateTime?

For the StaleCount Attribute it should be Analysis and an Integer type e.g. Int32

Maitreyi

What’s your version of PSE client? I’m using PSE 2015 Ver 2.7, where I ‘m unable to view the “Analysis” from the Data Reference drop down list.

gregor

Hello Maitreyi,

I am running AF Client 2016 R2 SP1 (2.8.6.7801) but I did expect that if you see the Analyses tab, you would be able to see 'Analysis' plug-in in the Data Reference drop-down too. Let me see if I can get the older bits installed on one of my VM's

Maitreyi

OK. Please let me know how you get on.

gregor

Hello Maitreyi,

It appears not just a question of the client version. I found a VM which I must have overlooked until now with my maintenance efforts. It is running PI AF Client 2015 (2.7.0.6937).

An error prevented me from creating an Analysis on that client. When looking at an Analysis created on my other client (2016 R2 SP1) I see the same error showing in the Value field. I conclude that PI AF Client 2015 is not compatible with PI Analysis Service 2016 R2 respectively PI AF Server 2016 R2

While my recent experience confirms the importance of keeping an environment up to date or at least the versions aligned, what's preventing you from updating to the latest bits? What version of AF Server / PI Analysis Service are you running?

Maitreyi

Version of AF server & Analysis 2014 R2.  Could you please let me know if there is a way to capture timestamp in PSE 2015 Ver 2.7.

gregor

Hello Maitryi,

With PI '*' refers now and that's working for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the versions installed that you have. Therefore please try '*' in an analysis and make sure you set the mapped Attributes data type to DateTime

Does that work for you?

Maitreyi

Could you please send me the screenshot of yours?

gregor

Hello Maitreyi,

Yes, I can.

Maitreyi

Hi there,

Of Course the command ‘*’ works, when I hit “Evaluate” button. I have a similar expression as explained in the first screenshot  with PreEvent command. All these expressions could be mapped to a new attribute & can view these values, when I hit “Evaluate” button.

If I look at these values from Attributes Option, you can see the strange value of timestamp. My aim is to capture the last updated timestamp of the tag – interested only in capturing the timestamp.

Sorry, l it isn’t  working.

gregor

Hello Maitreyi,

Can you please share a screenshot illustrating your configuration similar to what I've shared above?

Besides the possibility of a configuration issue, the next likely thing might be an issue with the versions of PI AF Server, PI Analytics Service and PI AF Client or the combination of 2014 R2 releases and PI AF Client 2015. Testing your exact combination of version to see if we can reproduce your issue would be possible but require us to spend some efforts in setting up a server and a client with the versions you have installed. If the outcome of such a test would be a version incompatibility or a bug with a certain product version, we would likely ask you to update your installation with recent software setup kits.

Are you experiencing this issue in a production, test or development environment? If it is production, how are the chances you could update to the latest bits?

Also, can you please check what PI AF Client version you have installed on the PI Analytics host? I assume the same machine is also hosting the Asset Framework Server. If not, can you please verify the version of PI AF Client on the AF Server too? Can you please open the problematic Attribute configuration in PSE on the Analytics / AF Server to see if it shows somehow different?

Maitreyi

Hi Gregor,

At last Version 2016 R2 is installed on one our servers. Of Course the datetime can be captured in this version. Very useful screenshot. thanks a lot for your help.

There is another issue.

Did create a new analysis and has mapped to an attribute but the data reference drop down list isn't listing "Analysis". Am I missing something?