AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can UFL be configured to read a csv file containing a table of data in this particular format?

Question asked by DavidBrunberg on Jan 26, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 by KenjiHashimoto

Hello!

I am attempting to load an amount of data from flat csv files into my PI data archive.  I have had some success with using some SDK functions in VBA through Excel but the loading is quite slow with this solution.

I thought that using UFL may be a better way, but I have not used UFL before.  So, I viewed the relevant OSI YouTube videos on the use of UFL and believe I have a basic understanding of how it works and how to configure it.  However, I have not been able to find a way to do specifically what I want to do in the training videos or in PI Square.  I have also reviewed all the UFL example .ini files and example data files provided with my UFL interface and haven't found a similar format example, so it makes me fear it cannot be done.

Perhaps asking the question  may yield results for me and others who may have this question.

My data is in comma delimited text files of the general format:

*Generally Irrelevant Header Information*

DateTime, Tagname1, Tagname2, ..., TagnameN

Date and Time, TagValue1, TagValue2, ..., TagValueN

Viewed in a spreadsheet it looks like this

*header*

DateTime                         Tag_Name1     Tag_Name2     Tag_Name 3 ...

01-26-2017 12:34:56                     100              1500.2               3.1415

01-26-2017 12:34:57                     101              1500.5               3.2000

And so on.

Is there a way to configure UFL to read this file and import point data to the appropriate points at the specified timestamps?  I have searched all around and have not figured this out yet.  I'd really appreciate knowing whether it can be done and maybe a link to an example if it is possible.  Knowing it isn't possible would be disappointing, but just as useful.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes