AnsweredAssumed Answered

Smtp configuration in AF 2016 Notifications

Question asked by VarbanVarbanov on Mar 13, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 by Mike Zboray

Hi, I want to try the AF 2016 Notifications. However I have a problem to send an actual e-mail. I have several questions in this regard:

1. There is and smtp server configuration during the installation of the Notification service. However, what if the smtp server I want to use requires a password to send e-mails - this pretty standard situation would be handled like this in the config file of a .Net application:

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp from="teststesttest@gmail.com">
        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="test@gmail.com" password="testtesttest" enableSsl="True" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>

Is there an option to specify an user name and password?

2. I cannot find in the PI System Explorer how to change the smtp configuration after the installation. I cannot find such information in the youtube Notifications clips, PI System Explorer 2016 User Guide and in PI Notifications Service installation Guide too

3. When I try to test sending an e-mail through the Contacts section of PI System Explorer, using "Test" button in the contact information I receive a message "Failure sending mail". But where am I supposed to find additional information about the cause of the failure (there is nothing in the event log). Thank you in advance!

Outcomes