4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2017 9:27 PM by Ahlywog

Error in Snapshot to <CDEP158> [-109] Value at This Time Already Exists

Ahlywog

I keep getting:

Error in Snapshot to <CDEP158> [-109] Value at This Time Already Exists

Error in Snapshot to <SINUSOIDU> [-109] Value at This Time Already Exists

Error in Snapshot to <SINUSOID> [-109] Value at This Time Already Exists

which stops my pishutev service.  How do I fix this?

• Re: Error in Snapshot to <CDEP158> [-109] Value at This Time Already Exists
          sraposo

Hi Steven,

The [-109] error indicates that something (interface, PI Data Archive, custom app, etc...) tried to write a value at a time that another value already existed in the PI Data Archive in the tag specified in the <> characters.

The PI Shutdown Subsystem is responsible for writing the "Shutdown" value in tags that have the Shutdown configuration turned to on (attribute set to 1). After it's done writing the shutdown events the service stops. This is intended behavior:

PI Glossary

Thanks,

Sebastien

Ahlywog

Right, I get that.  But none of these are my tags.  Nor do I have anything trying to write to them.  So, are these tags necessary for something?  Can I delete them?  Will that break whatever it is trying to write to them?

sraposo

Those tags are some of the default tags that come with the PI Data Archive installation and are written to by the PI Random Simulator (random) Interface. They're quite useful for troubleshooting issues with your PI System and we would recommend for you to keep them.

The messages are benign in your case and you can safely ignore them. If they're flooding your logs and you want them to stop being logged, continue reading, I've provided some additional information to help you out.

I'm suspecting that there may be more than 1 instance of the PI Random Simulator running on your PI Data Archive. If you look in task manager, can you see more than 1 random.exe process running? If you do, you can stop all but 1 of the random.exe process (unless someone else is using them for something).

If your PI Data Archive is part of a collective, the random.exe process may be running on another node, and the data may be going through the PI Buffer Subsystem and being fan to multiple members. Can you verify this?

You can if you want delete the tags with no consequences. Like I said though they can be quite handy when troubleshooting issues.

Thanks,

Seb

2 of 2 people found this helpful