AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drawing trend-line in ProcessBook only from first event to last event between trend-starttime and -endtime but not interpolating beyond

Question asked by mkreideweis on Aug 16, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 by mkreideweis

Hello Community,

we have a special requirement for visualizing sample-data from an external database in PI ProcessBook: Drawing trend-line in ProcessBook only from first event to last event between trend-starttime and -endtime but not interpolating beyond. So there should be no interpolated line between the first event in the trend and the event before (outside the trend) and no interpolated line between the last event in the trend and the event after (outside the trend). I attached a screenshot of a trend.

Currently we use a PI COM Connector for OLEDB sources for accessing this sample-data from the external database and the SQL-query called by the PI COM Connector for OLEDB sources adds a No_Sample-event before the first and the last event in the trend. But we need to exchange the PI COM Connector for OLEDB sources by the PI Interface for Relational Database because we have some issues with it and want to be independent from the availability of the external database.

With the PI Interface for Relational Database we'll copy the data from the external database into the PI System and we cannot easily add a No_Sample-event before the first and the last event in the trend like we did with the PI COM Connector for OLEDB sources.

I already thought about using ODBC-datasets in ProcessBook and adding the No_Sample-events by the corresponding SQL-queries. These ODBC-datasets would then read the data from the PI-Tags and not from the external database (because we'd like to be independant). But this option seems not to be user-friendly. The users want to build their own displays and would need to know how to configure the SQL-queries. Programming with VBA in ProcessBook to make it user-friendly is also difficult because it is a validated system and we'd need to validate. And we have also quite a lot of PI-tags connected to this sample-data (about 4000) and I'm afraid that we'll get a performance-issue.

Do you have any idea how we could realize this functionality? We'd prefer solutions, which don't require any programming.

Thank you and kind regards

Michael

Attachments

Outcomes