AnsweredAssumed Answered

number of tags in OPC DA interface

Question asked by abars on Aug 21, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 by gmichaud-verreault

Hi,

 

I will soon expand the number of tags colleted via an PI OPC DA interface.

 

Currently we are colleting approx 5200 tags and we will soon increase the number of tags to approx 110 000.

Approx 20% of the tags are analogs with updates every 1-4 seconds.  The remaining 80% are digitals and updates maybe more on a daily/weekly basis.

 

I am wondering if I should define all the 110 000 tags in one instance of the interface or if I need to split into several instances?

 

Any thoughts or recommondations would be appreciated.

Outcomes