I have a very big problem with ISS worker process and high CPU usage. It is over 65%.
No I have about 15 Vision displays shown on a production computers.
Server parameters 2,6 GHz, 16 GB RAM.
Is there any solution?
Do you have any other web app running on the IIS or only PI Coresight/Vision?
One of the first things you should do is see which web requests are currently executing. This may help you identify a specific URL that is causing the problem. There is a chance that you could recognize one of the URLs that is known to take a very long time or cause high CPU issues.
Although, it may also show a bunch of web requests that are queued up and not directly lead you to the root cause.
I always find the following article fantastic to troubleshoot similar issues: https://stackify.com/w3wp-high-cpu-usage/
I have some questions for you:
We need to collect more information to start troubleshooting this issue.
There is a second application running on IIS.
We disabled it and there was no impact on CPU usage.
- This is a new problem. We had a go live at the beginning of August and there were problems with PI Vision
- Currently, there are 18 computers where the PI Vision tab is open
- There is about 25 attributes from AF and 36 values based on PI Tags per display
- When the PI VIsion is stopped the CPU usage is about 10%
- I restared all PI Machines and performance od VIsion is better (I don't have to wait for a very long time to show the display) but the CPU usage is still high about 60-70%.
Retrieving data ...