AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Errors": [   "Cannot connect to server 'SERVER NAME'. Please examine connectivity to the remote PI AF Server as well as ensuring the impersonated client user can be delegated to the server." ]

Question asked by hawada on Sep 19, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 by hawada

Dear All,

I have tried to configure PI Web API with the below configuration:

AuthenticationMethods : Basic and Kerberos

EnableCSRFDefense:True

CorsSupportsCredentials:True

CorsOrigins:*

CorsMethods: GET, OPTIONS

CorsHeaders: *

and the PI Web API Service is running under an admin account, only with admin account I can enter to https://servername/piwebapi/assetservers/S0r0fLc9a_aEmaDzafVYhrWwREFMRUVMQUY/assetdatabases   and display the assets database, but when i enter with another account i can not display the assetdatabases it will give me the below error:

"Errors": [   "Cannot connect to server 'SERVER NAME'. Please examine connectivity to the remote PI AF Server as well as ensuring the impersonated client user can be delegated to the server." ]

Also I tried to run the PI Web API service using the NT Service\piwebapi account, in this case admin account can't have access to assets database and it will return the above error.

From PI Web API if I go to Configuration List the AuthenticationMethods is always "Kerberos" even if the we change if from the AF Configuration database.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hassan

Outcomes