5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2017 8:06 AM by jyi Branched to a new discussion.

PI Vision cannot search tag from PI Data Archive

NaowaratS

Hi everyone, do you have experience in pi vision could you please help me to fix this problem ?

Server name :MP-PI-SVR1

: Windows Server 2012 R2

: SQLExapress 2012

: PI Data Archive 2016R2

: PI AF Server 2016 R2

Server name :MP-PI-SVR2

: Windows Server 2012 R2

: PI Vision 2017

: PI Web API 2017

• Re: PI Vision cannot search tag from PI Data Archive
          Coolhunter

what error do you get while searching for the tag? Was this working previously or it never worked?

jyi

Hi Naowarat,

First of, I would like to make sure PI Vision is only properly tested on a domain environment. Using it in workgroup environment is not recommended.

I see that you gave PIVisionService ability to read PIPoint table. But what about the individual PI Points?

Have you added read permission for PIVision Identity to each tag's PI Point security?

NaowaratS

Sorry, I'm testing in workgroup, created PIVisionSevece on PIVision server matchne and PI Data Archive server machine [same password]

I know that not recommend to use without domain , But this system only use for testing not use for real system.

I see that you gave PIVisionService ability to read PIPoint table. But what about the individual PI Points?

= we added Identities "PIPVision" check "Read" to individual PI Point. 

Have you added read permission for PIVision Identity to each tag's PI Point security?

= done it above picture (PIDBSEC, PIMAPPING, PIPOINT and PIUSER)

jyi

Above picture do not explain if you have set 'read' permission to each tags.

PIPoint database configuration does not change access to existing tags' permission. Please check this via PI Builder or PI-SMT>Points>Point Builder.

A simpler alternative for test env. is to add "Everyone" to PI Mapping(PIVision or PIWorld identity or pidemo would also work as well). PI Web API Crawler service may need restart after this change.

Best,

Jin