AnsweredAssumed Answered

PIVision SQL Connection string remote machine no windows authentication

Question asked by JaredGoretzky on Oct 27, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 by JaredGoretzky

Hi,

I'm trying to connect PIVision to a remote SQL server hosting the PIVision db.

The servers do not have a domain controller so I'm trying to setup the connection using SQL server accounts.  So far I have been able to get the PIVision service to communicate with the SQL server but I get an error in SQL saying Windows Authentication has failed.

Error in SQL:

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. [CLIENT:

SQL is running in Mixed mode authentication.  (I have done a similar setup for AF which is working.)

Here is the connection string from web.config I'm using.  I think I'm missing some part of the syntax to enable SQL authentication:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="PIVisionConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=<SQLSERVERNAME>;Initial Catalog=PIVision;Integrated Security=False;Application Name=PI Visualization Web Service;"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

I have also tried to explcitly pass the username and password which I did in the AF connection string:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="PIVisionConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=<SQLSERVERNAME>;Initial Catalog=PIVision;Integrated Security=False;Application Name=PI Visualization Web Service;uid=<USER>;pwd=<PWD>;"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

I think I'm hitting a connection string syntax error.  Been searching KB articles but have not found any related to this type of a setup.

thanks,

Jared

Outcomes