6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 1:31 AM by Eugene Lee

Create a custom symbol for switching assets in client view (kiosk + hidetoolbar)

jnathan

Hello,

I would like to create the possibility for our client to switch assets in their view (kiosk + hidetoolbar) by clicking on "prev"/"next" buttons (custom symbol). I am not a 100% sure which method to adapt to achieve this goal.

I was thinking of using the whether I should choose an injection of webServices as suggested here for another problem:

Loading PI Vision Displays from Toolpane

or use displayProvider for changing each symbol individually as for another problem presented in

Creating PI Vision Symbols that Interact with Each Other

or perhaps even another approach which lets me just switch to next/previous asset and updates all symbols automically (probably the most elegant way).

So here are my two questions:

1. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction to my solution?

2. Where do I find documentation or references on webServices, displayProvider and other objects used in PIVision?

(So far I only found the document "PI Vision 2017 Custom Extension Creation")

Thanks a lot in advance,

have a good day,

Jörn

• Re: Create a custom symbol for switching assets in client view (kiosk + hidetoolbar)
          Eugene Lee

Hi Jorn,

I will recommend you to create a master display using a symbol collection to filter out the assets that you want. These assets should be based on a template.

Symbol Collection

After that, you can configure navigation links to another details display that is built for one of the assets which can set the asset context of that display.

Navigation links

On the details display, you can have button to link back to the master display for a seamless experience.

Therefore, in total, you will have two displays.

1. Master display with a collection of the assets that you want to monitor. (multi asset)

2. Details display with the attributes of the particular asset that you want to monitor. (single asset)

See the section under 'Passing the current asset as context' for more details.

Example

1 of 2 people found this helpful