3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2017 3:21 PM by Xiaohui

how to select PI tags in bulk for 2016 PI datalink?

Xiaohui

Hello,

I am using 2016 PI datalink. I can only select one PI tag each time in the tag search. With previous versions, I can select several PI tags at the same time and then upload into excel. How to select PI tags in bulk for 2016 PI datalink?

Thanks,

Xiaohui

• Re: how to select PI tags in bulk for 2016 PI datalink?
          bvanlent

Hi Xiaohui,

To select multiple tags within the search feature in DataLink 2016 you can either use Ctrl+left click or shift+left click.  Ctrl+left click will select only the tags you specifically click on while shift+left click will select all the tags between the first tag  you selected and the last tag you selected.  In the example below I filtered my search using point source R and then used Ctrl+left click to select three specific tags I want to to bring into excel.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: how to select PI tags in bulk for 2016 PI datalink?
            jru

Hi Xiaohui,

Thanks for posting on PI Square and welcome to it's community.

You are definitely still able to select multiple tags/attributes in the search.

Please hold down control and left click on the data items if you need to select multiple data items that are not consecutive on the Search Results.

Please hold down shift and left click on data items if you need to select consecutive data items.

Here is a screenshot from a successful multiple selection:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

~Jesse

1 of 1 people found this helpful