9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2018 3:53 PM by jru

PI Vision - problem connecting SQL database

dpilc

Hello,

I have problem with connecting to PI Vision database.

After changing website name in bindings and add new certificate I have following error:

PI vision cannot connect to SQL database (I double checked all IIS settings), in Event log I have information that it tries to connect as NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON (despite of app pool settings).

Is it problem with a new certificate on SQL server?

BR

• Re: PI Vision - problem connecting SQL database
          jru

Hi Dawid,

Overall, I think this is issue is best handled as a tech support case.  You can contact us at: Contact Us

That being said, there are some things that we should check.

1) What are the authentication options for the Admin page? and the Vision Page?

2) Can you share some information about your network architecture?  Is Vision behind a NLB?  Is the SQL Server a cluster or standalone?  Is everything on 1 domain?

~Jesse

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dpilc

Hello again,

1) What are the authentication options for the Admin page? and the Vision Page?

What do you mean authentication options for the Admin page? Where can I check it?

2) Can you share some information about your network architecture?  Is Vision behind a NLB?  Is the SQL Server a cluster or standalone?  Is everything on 1 domain?

Everything is in  one domain. PI Vision and SQLL Server are on seperate machines.

BR

jru

Hi Dawid,

Excellent questions.

1) All of the authentication options can be found in IIS:

The key is to make sure your on the Admin level of the web application and not the Vision level or the Website level.

2) The error you see in the event viewer logs is testing the SQL Server connection while using your user credentials.  The reason you see an Anonymous Login is that the Service Account running the Vision Application pools is not configured to delegate user credentials to the SQL Server.

However, that error can be benign.  If you navigate to the Vision homepage, do you see all of your existing displays?  If so, you can safely ignore the error.

3) That being said, I would double check the Search Crawler as well.  Usually, the Search Crawler and Vision share the same port.  If you changed out the certificate, you may have to update the URL for the Web API.  Rerunning the WebAPI Admin Utility will allow you change the WebAPI URL.  You'll also need to update the web.config file found in %pihome64%\PIVision to update the Search Crawler URL to match.

~Jesse