2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 11:17 AM by Kareloss

PI DataLink PICompFilDat and PIAdvCalcFilVal returning duplicate values when counting alarm occurences

Kareloss

Hello,

I am trying to count how many times an alarm has occured by means of PICompFilDat and/or PIAdvCalcFilVal as described in following thread:

PI Datalink, looking to count how many times an alarm activated

When I do this, I see that some events are duplicated, some are not (see Excel screenshot below; PICompFilDat).

FaultMSG_5.PNG

Below I have attached some trend screenshots that show that there are only 2 events; the second event (timestamp 11-jan-18 23:14:59) seems to be duplicated somehow.

Does anyone know how this could be fixed? I think this may have something to do with tag configuration or compression settings.

Kind regards,

Karel

First event:

FaultMSG_3 - Copy.PNGFaultMSG_4 - Copy.PNG

Second event:

FaultMSG_1 - Copy.PNG

FaultMSG_2 - Copy.PNG

• Re: PI DataLink PICompFilDat and PIAdvCalcFilVal returning duplicate values when counting alarm occurences
          kduffy

Hi Karel,

Do you have access to PI System Management Tools? I would like to start with a sanity check that PI SMT's archive editor tool (PI SMT > Data > Archive Editor) shows a duplicate value there as well. This way we can determine if the problem is with Excel/DataLink or if the duplicate value is in the archives itself.

Assuming that it's in the archive editor as a duplicate at that timestamp, we'll want to address it from the data source -> PI data archive level. How is this tag getting its data? Is this coming from an interface (such as OPC, RDBMS, PI to PI) or a manual entry tag? And is this a common problem for this tag and/or other tags?

Kelsey

• Re: PI DataLink PICompFilDat and PIAdvCalcFilVal returning duplicate values when counting alarm occurences
              Kareloss

Hey Kelsey,

Thank you for your reply!

I do not have access to the PI System Management Tools myself; I asked help from a colleague. There were duplicates in the archive as well (they have been removed).

The tag is getting the data from an OPC server. It seems that the duplicates most likely were caused by the tag configuration. It used to be a polled tag and is now changed into an advise tag (see below tables). I will follow up and see if the problem still occurs. If it indeed is caused by the tag configuration, we may have this problem with other tags as well.

Kind regards,

Karel

Old:

location1

location2

location3

location4

location5

New:

location1

location2

location3