8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2018 10:46 PM by NicPickering

PT created on new PI tags

Olims

Hello all,

I have created some tags in PI-AF (system explorer) from the PI-Analytics (Analyses) but for some reason I do not explain, I can not read/see values from the PI points. The tag is showing " Pt created"

Any one experienced this before and possible solutions?

My point source is L and my evaluation in the Analyses tab of the elements shows results- see attachment

Thanks

• Re: PT created on new PI tags
          jengler

Hello Babatunde,

This can happen for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons are the following:

• The changes that you have made are not checked in. Please make sure that all the edits you have made are checked into the AF Server.
          • Try to right click on the attribute and choose "Create or update PI Point". The point may have been cached or not updated to the newest configuration.
          • The analysis does not evaluate properly. Please make sure that you are getting good values when you press "Evaluate"
          • The analysis is event scheduled, but no new event has come in. The Analysis will stay in "Pt Created" until triggered
          • Security configuration will not allow the analysis service to write values. Please make sure that the Analysis service has write access to PI points and PI point configuration.

Some other things to try:

• Try previewing the historical results of the analysis.
          • Try back-filling/recalculating. See if that created historical data for the PI points.

These are a good place to start troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Olims

Hi Jacob,

Please see my responses highlighted below after trying out your suggestions but point still showing “Pt created”

Babatunde OLIMENE

QA/QC SMART room

EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION

JV Asset – Production Support, PHC

•: + 234.807.017.5573

RIG: 607735573

•: babatunde.olimene@total.com<mailto:godwin.woha@total.com>

TOTAL E&P Nigeria Limited

SMART Room

Plot 25 Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt

Rivers State, Nigeria

CONFIDENTIALITY.  This email (including any attachments) may contain information which may be confidential. It may not be used other than for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender immediately

jengler

Hi Babatunde,

I unfortunately can't see the highlighted responses. Maybe try to post them again?

From your picture, I can see that the analysis appears to evaluate properly. This eliminates poor syntax for the analysis as a possible culprit of the "Pt Created" values.

If you have already checked all of the suggestions up above (check in, create or update pi point, point/analysis service security, etc), you can try the following:

• check to make sure the tag exists on the PI Data Archive using SMT
                  • check to see if buffering is running on the analysis machine. If the PI Buffer Subsystem is running then the analysis service will try to write through that, and that means that the Buffer Subsystem needs to be properly configured with correct security.
                  • check the Analysis server and the PI Server message logs when the point was supposed to get a value. See if there are any access denied or no read access errors.
                  • If event triggered, try to change the scheduling to periodic to see if that will force a trigger.
                  • Restart the Analysis Service.
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Olims

Sorry about that , please see my responses to your questions underlined below

This can happen for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons are the following:

• The changes that you have made are not checked in. Please make sure that all the edits you have made are checked into the AF Server.==> Yes, that is what I have done
                      • Try to right click on the attribute and choose "Create or update PI Point". The point may have been cached or not updated to the newest configuration. ==>Done
                      • The analysis does not evaluate properly. Please make sure that you are getting good values when you press "Evaluate" ==> I get good values
                      • The analysis is event scheduled, but no new event has come in. The Analysis will stay in "Pt Created" until triggered ==> Analysis is Periodic
                      • Security configuration will not allow the analysis service to write values. Please make sure that the Analysis service has write access to PI points and PI point configuration.==> Yes, that is what I have done

Some other things to try:

• Try previewing the historical results of the analysis. ==> I see historical results- see attached
                      • Try back-filling/recalculating. See if that created historical data for the PI points. =Capture.JPGu
                  NicPickering

I am also having this problem, I can see the correct values when I evaluate. However when i try and visualize these values in ProcessBook there are no values.
                  While still in PI System Explorer in the attributes tab, the values section just says Pt Created.

Have you found a solution to this yet?