AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to run 2 instances of PI ProcessBook Pages (One Slideshow of 2 Pages and another Page) onto 2 different Screens from the same Machine?

Question asked by Muthulingam-EnQuest on Feb 7, 2018
Latest reply on May 23, 2020 by Muthulingam-EnQuest

How to run 2 instances of PI ProcessBook Pages (One Slideshow of 2 Pages and another Page) onto 2 different Screens from the same Machine? (I feel like Montgomery Scott right now)...

I have one PI System Slideshow Page which currently Opens and Cycles another 2 PI ProcessBook Pages, named Page A and Page B  in "Full Screen" in a timed Cycle onto Screen No. 1.

PM8E Parameters Slideshow 1.PNGPM8E Custody Meter Flow 2.PNG

This PI System Slideshow Page is then killed by a PI ProcessBook Kill Command later at night and then restarted again the next morning by a PI ProcessBook Launch command.

I had to do this to Cyclically refresh the PI System Slideshow Page to avoid certain Pop Up Messages and Errors Messages which keeps Popping Up if we run the PI ProcessBook Pages continuously overnight.

The client wants another PI ProcessBook Page, Page C in "Full Screen" onto Screen No. 2.

PM8E PVDS 3.PNG

My questions:

1. Can I run these 2 Instances in "Full Screen" from the same Machine onto 2 Screens?
  2. How would the Kill and Launch Command affect these 2 PI ProcessBook Instances in "Full Screen" running from the same machine?
  3. Are there any other options to do this from the same Machine?

Ganesh Supromaniam

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah

Outcomes