4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2018 3:37 PM by ssauder

Events Table issues

james.arackal

Hello,

I have three questions ;

1) Any idea why the asset number is coming as unreadable characters in the Events table ?

2) How to increase the font size of the events table ?

3) How to add annotations and other attributes to the events table ?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Events Table issues
          gmichaud-verreault

Hi James,

1. What is the asset name supposed to be?
          2. You cannot edit the font size at this time. See PI Vision 2017 Setting Table/Comparison Table row height and font size – Customer Feedback for OSIsoft & the PI System
          3. You cannot add other attributes as part of the Events table. If you click on an event from the table, it will open up the details. On the right hand side, you will be able to see comments

Gabriel

ssauder

Hi James,

What version of PI Vision are you using?

There is a known issue with the decoding of the Asset in PI Vision 2017's Events Table for some character types. If you could also provide the expected Asset name (as Gabriel already asked), that will help us confirm whether you are affected. The known issue is fixed in PI Vision 2017 R2, so if it fits, the best solution is to upgrade.

Regarding the addition of other attributes to the table, unfortunately regular Event Frame attributes cannot be added at this time. However, PI Vision 2017 R2 did add the possibility of adding a reason attribute, which is selected from a hierarchical enumeration set.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              james.arackal

Hi,

Asset name is coming from a Table lookup which is ultimately coming from Maximo. In the AF Table it looks like this as follows (AssetNum).

Installed PI Vision version is 2017 R2

ssauder

Hi James,

As far as PI Vision is concerned, I believe the Asset will always just be the name of the Event Frame's primary reference AF Element. So I am not sure that it could be coming from a Table Lookup unless I am missing something.

Regardless, at this point I think it would be best to investigate in a tech support case since this seems like it may be a new bug. If that sounds okay, we can open one for you.