5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 2:29 PM by matthewskl

Possible to write analysis output to attribute that is not tied to a Pi tag?

matthewskl

I'm attempting to use an attribute as just simple storage for a counter.  I do not want to store this value back to the Pi archive.  Basically, I want to know how many times an analysis has been triggered.  Here's what the code looks like, variables are in bold:

ExcessiveDelta           TagVal('PI Tag') - TagVal('PI Tag', '*-1d') > 1

ThresholdReached     'PI Tag' > 10000

AlarmOccurences is tagged as the output

These are the outputs that I've tried with the results directly below:

If ExcessiveDelta or ThresholdReached Then ('Alarm Occurences' + 1) else NoOutput()

-- Functions such as NoOutput are not supported unless all mapped outputs are configured to save output history

If ExcessiveDelta or ThresholdReached Then ('Alarm Occurences' + 1) else 'Alarm Occurences'

-- Calc Failed - Output: A circular reference was detected in Attribute 'Alarm Occurences'

If ExcessiveDelta or ThresholdReached Then ('Alarm Occurences' + 1) else 0

-- This will run as long as the else side is hit

-- If the Else side is not hit I get this error "Output: Invalid Operation: [Error] + [number]

Any thoughts or alternative approaches?  This is basically just an "x = x+1" scenario.

Thanks!