3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 4:36 PM by gmichaud-verreault

Error in PI-PI interface. pipt_tagpreferred returned [-1] Generic Error or PI 2.x Point Out of Range or Not Defined

Hello All,

I have configured a PI-PI interface with uniint failover. I noticed that the primary interface is able to write data to the tags, however when failed over to the secondary interface, data is not updating on the PI tags. Below error is seen in the PI SDK logs for each of the tags, due to which data is not updating.

pipt_tagpreferred returned [-1] Generic Error or PI 2.x Point Out of Range or Not Defined

I have checked the configuration of the interface, and I couldn't see any issues or differences in the way it has been configured, as compared with the other set of interfaces where data is updating. I have checked for any issues of multiple PI tags in the interface instance having same source tags, but that's not the case here.

I have also checked the PI tag configuration for the PI points, and they all seem to be fine. Please let me know what this error indicates, and how to get the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Nandhini.S