AnsweredAssumed Answered

Duplicate data in the PI Archives

Question asked by telston on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 by vkaufmann

It was recently noticed that we have duplicate data in the PI archives.  I tried calling tech support but found that wasn't very helpful so I was hoping someone here might more information before I try tech support again.  I have done some research and found it might be due to Location 5 but I can't get a good grasp on what exactly Location 5 does and how to tell if we have an OPC server.

Basically, our data comes in every 6 minutes (we call this an instant read) and then every hour, our Telog units call in and dump 2 minute data to fill in for the last hour.  We need to keep all this data, so compression won't work.  We do, however, want to the data to be overwritten if the value for that same time stamp is different.  We currently have the RDBMS scans to scan every 2 minutes to grab the last 3 hours, every 1 hour to grab the last 24 hours, and then once a day to grab the last 7 days.

Any other suggestions as to what to investigate or look at if we have duplicate data for some tags and not others?

Thanks!

Outcomes