3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2018 5:50 PM by Camille Metzinger

PI Demo

arvek

Hi all and happy easter,

I belive I read somewhere that it is possible to download a demo version of the PI server and Processbook, but I have not been able to locate where to find those downloads. Your website isn't the easiest to navigate, so if you could provide me some kind of procedure on how to get the downloads, that would make me very happy

The thing is, I've just startet to learn how to make my own displays, but at work I really have some limitied time to spend on "developing" my displays, so it would be really helpful for me to sit at home and try to learn more about this system that I am starting to love <3

• Re: PI Demo
          rborges

Hey Arve,

Demo licenses are usually not directly available to individuals, but if you happen to have access to it, it's through our Tech Support channel. If you are associated with a company that has access to our products, talk to the account manager responsible for you. He may help you with license access.

Good to know that you are loving it!

Regards,

Rafael

Rick Davin

Hello Arve,

Thanks for your interest in the PI System.  There are some downloads that are free, such as the PI Developer Technologies for application developers.  Even though that would be free, you would still require a data access license to a PI Data Archive.  Usually this license can come from your company, but I see no company info associated with your PI Square account.  What I would suggest is a PI Developers Club license, typically around 1500 USD per year.  That would give you access to a PI Data Archive and AF Server - but not ProcessBook (very old) nor PI Vision (modern trending product).

You may find out more about PI Developers Club at this FREE TRIAL link.  For more info, see the FAQ.

Camille Metzinger

Another option if you want to get hands-on with a sandbox PI System to practice building displays and more is to leverage OSIsoft's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). You can learn more about the Virtual Learning Environment here. There are several options: One Month VLE Pass (currently $99), One Year VLE Pass, and specific VLEs that are designed for specific Online Learning courses.

Thanks,
              Camille