4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2018 8:59 AM by flemoine

PIVision : navigation via "Switch Asset" feature in a (multi) template based displays

flemoine

Hello,

I've created an AF hierarchy which groups informations from child elements (also derived by their respectives templates).

The hierarchy is like this \\AFServer\AFDatabase\Assets\Solar PV\Europe\France\SiteA\ShelterB\InverterC\SJBD

"SiteA" is a template (ie : SiteA =IS11 or TL31)

"ShelterB" is a template (ie : ShelterB = SH01 or SH02)

"InverterC" is a template (ie : InverterC = I1 or I2)

"SJBD" is a template (ie : SJBD = 01, 02, 03...)

In Pivision, I've created a display that shows informations of all this elements (Site, Shelter, Inverter, SJB) and it's due works fine.

but when I'm trying to navigate between assets via the "Switch asset" feature, I'm only seeing this

Actually, I would definitely prefer to see directly what is in the right end of the tooltips (ie : "IS11\SH01" or "TL31\SH06") instead of "SH01", "SH02".... in that asset list.

Is there a way to do it

Thanks in advance for your assistance

• Re: PIVision : navigation via "Switch Asset" feature in a (multi) template based displays
          VasanthakumarR

Hi Fabien,

As per my understanding, you have created a PI Vision display which contains elements from different templates. If the elements in the displays referring to different templates, then you can able to see all the elements associated with the templates in the Asset switch with a + sign at the end.  Below are the screenshots for your reference, in this scenario there are two templates data available in the display (Pump and Tank). You can get both Templates in the From Drop down list and in To: section you can see the associated elements based on your selection in the From: section. Based on your election of Template, attributes will get updated.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

But its not preferable for the element relative displays.

The Main purpose of Element relative display is to display the elements having same template, main advantage is you can easily navigate via Asset switch and see the results and also you can avoid creating multiple displays.

Regards,

Vasanth.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • Re: PIVision : navigation via "Switch Asset" feature in a (multi) template based displays
              flemoine

Hi Vasanth,

thanks for you answer.

Actually, the templates used are imbricated

Site (derived from a Site template)

+------Shelter 01 (derived from a Shelter template)

|            +------Inverter 01 (derived from an Inverter template)

|                        +------SJB 01 (derived from a SJB template)

|                        +------SJB 02 (derived from a SJB template)

|                        +------SJB 03 (derived from a SJB template)

|            +------Inverter 02 (derived from an Inverter template)

+------Shelter 02 (derived from a Shelter template)

|            +------Inverter 01 (derived from an Inverter template)

|            +------Inverter 02 (derived from an Inverter template)

My need is only to select Sites and Shelter (ie : SiteX\Sh01 or SiteY\Sh02 ...)

so in the asset switch, I would like to see the Site + the Shelter (as it is already accessible on the tooltips).

Today I'm only seeing all the shelters wich is just useless as they all have the same names

So I'm wondering is there is a way to display in the asset switch what is available in the tooltips (or even better just a part of the tooltips) wich represent the element AF address.

jowens

Hi Fabien,

Unfortunately there is not a way to do this currently. The tooltip shows the full element path, but the Switch Asset list only displays the element name. A couple non-ideal workarounds would be the following:

1. Include the Site name in the name of your Shelter elements.
              2. Add an Asset Comparison Table to your display that lists all Shelter elements. Then on your Shelter element template, add an attribute that shows the name of the parent element (Site). You could then add a navigation link to the display to "Change context of current display" using the current asset so that you could select the Shelter from the Asset Comparison Table instead of using the Switch Asset drop-down list.

There is an enhancement request on our User Voice site to add the ability to control how much of the element path is shown in the Switch Asset list. You can access and vote for it here:

https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision-formerly-pi-coresight/suggestions/32291801-better-control-of-what-is-shown-in-switch-asset

Regards,

James