2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 4:51 PM by Roger Palmen

Pi Vision: Ad-Hoc displays versus Ad-Hoc trends

Roger Palmen

The key difference is that the display is really a display with all related features, where the trend is not. Also the trend is overlayed on the current display, whereas the display is a new URL being opened, so there is different behaviour in goin back to the display of origin

But when building custom symbols, can i also programmatically call the AdHoc Trend?

The default behaviour does not work for me as i need to control which attributes to be added to the Trend.

• Re: Pi Vision: Ad-Hoc displays versus Ad-Hoc trends
          wpribula

Hello Roger,

There is no way how to customize this overlaying Ad-Hoc trend we only supply Ad-Hoc trends accessible by URL which you already know. It can be modal popup.

If you want to refer to the trend which popups on double-click then you can look into Vision Sourcecode (we do not recommend to mess around in it). You can find file:

C:\Program Files\PIPC\PIVision\Scripts\app\editor\display\PIVisualization.display-provider.js

Where is function loadAdHocDisplay().

You can try to mimic this request in your symbol and change it to your needs, however I think that easier is to use provided Ad-Hoc URL and code your own overlay pop up.

2 of 2 people found this helpful