4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 6:40 PM by James Devine

How to schedule a notification by time?

GamaAlex

How to configure a notification by time (whichever I choose) and incorporate it into an event frame template

• Re: How to schedule a notification by time?
          sraposo

Hello Gamaliel,

Do you want to simply send an email every day at 8h15am ? Do you mind if the Event Frame is of zero duration? Will there be any data on the Event Frame? Which version of AF/Analytics/Notifications are you running?

Thanks,

Seb

GamaAlex

I want to send a notification at different times, but that would be my trigger, but in the new version notification rules asks me to create an event frame and link it, that's where I do not understand how to do it

sraposo

Hi Gamaliel,

If you don't really mind what's on the Event Frame or it's duration, you can simply have the same EndTrigger as the StartTrigger and schedule the analysis to be periodic. The analysis service will create an Event Frame and immediately close it resulting in a 0 duration Event Frame. The Notifications Service will pick it up and send the Notification.

Hope this helps,
                  Seb

James Devine

¡Hola Gamaliel!

I have a suggestion for you:

You could create a performance equation running on the PI Server that records a value of 1 or 0 every interval you define or at certain times such as

If (time of day = 08:15 AM) Then

do something

Else If (time of day > 10:25 AM AND time of day < 10:35 AM) Then

do something

Else

do something else

End If

where the "do something" is the event frame start condition and and the "do something else" is the event frame end condition. From there you can set up the attributes that follow the value of that performance equation and configure your pi notification rule.