7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 5:49 AM by Lal_Babu_Shaik

PI Vision can't connect to database??

NhatQuang

Hi,

when i configure PI Vision, i typed my SQL server and it's checked ( picture below), but when i type Database, it 's wrong ( picture below). I don't know what to do.

Please help me solve this error.

Thank you.

• Re: PI Vision can't connect to database??
          gregor

Hello Quang,

I assume the application pool identity does not have proper privileges to connect the specified PI Vision database. Did you check the Event Log on the PI Vision host for additional information about the problem?

NhatQuang

Hi Gregor,

I don't know how to check Event Log on PI Vision. Please help me.

Thanks

gregor

Hello Quang,

This is described in the documentation. Please see View and configure PI Vision message logs.

You may also be interested on the guidance about configuring PI Vision in the PI Vision Installation and Administration Guide

NhatQuang

Hi Gregor,

Sorry for long time no answer, im tried fix that error but not worked. So can you i teach me clearly how to fix it  please.

Thank you for your support.

gregor

Hello Quang,

There's no need for you to apologize. I would love to provide you with simple instructions to fix your issue but I am afraid that with the information available, my first answer to your question is still the best guess that I have.

It may be best to engage Technical Support and ask for assistance in a remote session. We can find a Technical Support representative close to your time zone. If you want us to do that, please let us know if the information is correct that you are at GMT+7.

Other than this, we can continue troubleshooting here. Can you please post a screenshot showing the Application pool identities?

Is the SQLExpress server holding your PIVision database installed locally or remote (different computer). If it is installed locally, please try '.\sqlexpress' instead of 'quangcomputer\sqlexpress'.

If quangcomputer is a remote host, please include a screenshot with your reply showing the status of the SQLExpress services.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                              NhatQuang

Thank for your support, my SQL server is installed locally and now I'll show you the ScreenShoots of Application Tool and SQL Service below.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

In the second picture, should the name that I bolded  be the computer user or SQL user ??

Please help me, thank you.

Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Quang

Could you please check below permissions

1) PI Vision user id configured in IIS pool settings

2) PI Web API user id configured in Windows Service

3) Database permission for PI Vision database for user id configured (PI Vision user id)

4) In case of of domain/kerberos, request you to check delegation is set for the user account and sql machine.